I LOVE Cajun food but I live in a place where it’s very hard to come by. I like cajun spice blends like Tony Chachere’s or Zatarans too but they’re way too salty. My No Salt Cajun Seasoning is the answer!
I really like The Spice and Herb seasoning from Tony Chachere’s Nice kick but still has the same problem with salt.
So I wanted to create a spice blend that gives me that flavor yet leaves me in control of the salt.
Use No Salt Cajun Seasoning as a base seasoning, and build upon it in your dish.
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried sweet basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 5 tablespoons sweet paprika
Combine in food processor and pulse until well-blended, or mix thoroughly in a large bowl. The recipe doubles or triples well. Give lots of it away as gifts to your family and friends.